Sunday 7 September 2014

Nivea Express Hydration Primer Review




As the freezing cold weather starts to take its toll, whether you are enjoying the nightlife of Reykjavik or simply getting the tube into Piccadilly your skin will be effected. A good moisturiser is essential for keeping your face hydrated and crack free; nobody wants crusty skin to compliment their Winter glow. I came across this pot of gold; the Nivea Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer, £2.48 down from £4.99 and not only was this product on offer, but is a moisturiser and primer in one! I could tell from the consistency almost straight away, that it would be perfect for oily skin types and nights out in sweaty Oceana.

At first I was very hesitant to even apply this product to my skin because I despise the smell of Nivea body cream; A product that my mum slathered herself in for long car journeys and undoubtedly this would contain their signature smell. I lingered around the shelf it sat on, went away to swatch a few products then remembered how inexpensive it was and voilĂ ; here it is. The jelly like consistency of this product is heavenly and is soft to touch and apply to the skin. The smallest amount of product is needed to moisturise both the face and neck AND of course prime. The smell is of course that profound perfumed scent but strangely, is bearable and doesn't linger on the skin. Like when trying any new skin care product you are always scared that your skin will break out, but surprisingly I have been using it for nearly two weeks and so far, so good. The only really frustrating thing about this product is that for my dry/combination skin it isn't that great at moisturising so if you, like myself have reasonably dry skin I would recommend using a slightly thicker moisturiser underneath. 

PROS - 
  • Very Emollient; absorbs almost instantly. 
  • Affordable
  • Travel Friendly
  • Primes the skin really nicely; almost a silicon type effect.
  • A little goes a long way!
  • Cute packaging.
CONS -
  • Could be slightly more moisturising.
  • Fairly strong perfume scent.
So, overall I am very impressed with this product and would highly recommend it to you ladies with oily/ combination skin. As I said if you do have dry skin you will need to add something extra for moisture but apart from that this is a really nice product to not only restore a little moisture but also creates a flawless and silky canvas ready for a day of makeup. 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment